This is our time saving trick to create patterns with custom brushes in GIMP.
This is a great tool for quickly making simple, non-repeating patterns using GIMP.
- Create two new images using Ctrl+N (1x pattern, 1x image/motif)
- Set the size and resolution with 150ppi, or 150 dpi
- Choose a background color for your pattern
- Copy your motif to the clipboard using Ctrl+C, and use this image as your paintbrush
- Fill the surface of your pattern with this image
- Move the image to a new position on the X and Y axes to bring the borders to the center and again fill in the center of the image with the paintbrush
You're done! Save it! Celebrate! Upload it! Celebrate again!
Offizielle GIMP-Seite (englisch)
Last update on 2018-04-26 by Ellie Mutchler.