This is our time saving trick to create patterns with custom brushes in GIMP.
This is a great tool for quickly making simple, non-repeating patterns using GIMP.
- Create two new images using Ctrl+N (1x pattern, 1x image/motif)
- Set the size and resolution with 150ppi, or 150 dpi
- Choose a background color for your pattern
- Copy your motif to the clipboard using Ctrl+C, and use this image as your paintbrush
- Fill the surface of your pattern with this image
- Move the image to a new position on the X and Y axes to bring the borders to the center and again fill in the center of the image with the paintbrush
Offizielle GIMP-Seite (englisch)
Last update on 2018-04-26 by Ellie Mutchler.